MedBus is a service-oriented architecture solution to providing federated data services for the UMHS research data strategy. This confluence space is the home for documentation for projects that are extending MedBus by adding new data services or expanding existing data services. The documentation will include background materials, requirements documents, and other data required for projects to develop and extend MedBus data services.
Please remember that sensitive information, such as ePHI, should not be stored in any Confluence space.
Current MedBus Projects
The following MedBus projects are in development:
- MedBus KPI - The purpose of the MedBus KPI project is develop Key Performance Indicators and a dashboard reporting environment for MedBus.
Completed MedBus Projects
The following MedBus projects are complete.
- Attestation Service - The purpose of the attestation service is to develop the beginnings of a framework for connecting users to ePHI data resources is a manner that is compliant with their existing IRB data access authorizations and training requirements. This project is functionally complete, but is not currently being used by a
- Oak Park - The purpose of the Oak Park project was to complete the initial coding effort to establish the framework for MedBus, and to connect to a physiological waveform data source and provision the data for DataDirect.
- Robie House I - The purpose of Robie House I project is to establish a data service for the UMHS Central Biorepository database (LabVantage) and provision these data for DataDirect.
- Data Virtualization - The purpose of the Data Virtualization project is to stand up Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization Server and a development environment for developing secure data services for MedBus. This environment is available in production, and was used to deliver the attestation service.