Notice! Confluence will be undergoing system maintenance on Mondays from 5pm to 7pm. During this time the system may be unavailable.
- Student orders should be co-signed by the attending (outpatients) or resident (inpatients).
Copying orders from previous admission
- Useful for recurrent admission for infusions or for recently discharged patients who return
- To copy orders from previous admissions, follow these steps:
- Open CPRS.
- Select the patient.
- Select the "Orders" tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to "View" at the top of the screen.
- From the drop down "View" menu, select "Auto DC/Release Event Orders".
- Select the most recently dated "Discharge" from the list of previous events.
- Click "OK".
- Highlight the orders from the previous admission that you want applied to the current/future admission.
- Right click on the highlighted orders.
- Select "Copy to New Order".
- If the patient is scheduled for admission, select "Delay release of copied orders" and then from the menu below, choose the location the patient is going to be admitted to. If the patient is already an inpatient, choose "Release copied orders immediately".
- Click "OK".
- Review the orders and make any changes needed. Remember: Some orders are time specific. For example, anticipate discharge orders can be copied forward, but change the date!