2017 Neuroscience Day
- Wednesday, June 14
- May 3 - Abstracts due by noon to Nina Galanti (email@example.com )
- These can be fairly short (one paragraph)
- Please include a title
- From the abstracts four projects will be selected to give a 10 minute platform presentation.
- May 31 - Posters need to be submitted to Nina Galanti (firstname.lastname@example.org ) for printing.
- If you do not submit by May 25th , you will be responsible for printing and will not be reimbursed for expense.
- You will be notified when posters are ready for pick-up, prior to June 14th.
- June 14 - Neuroscience Day in BSRB Lobby
Every neurology PGY3, PGY4 and fellow is responsible for submitting an abstract and presenting a poster.
- PGY2: Any project is acceptable, including case reports.
- PGY3: Mandatory. You can either present a completed project, an educational project, or the design of a study that you plan on enacting within the next year. Note: You must have worked through the design with a mentor, and acquired IRB approval prior to printing the poster. This process often takes a month or longer, so this is not something you can throw together in a few days! No case reports, please.
- PGY4: Mandatory. Present a completed study or educational project. No case reports, please.
- Fellows: Mandatory. Discuss the nature of the study with your fellowship director!
- Neurosurgery residents: Discuss with your program director.
- July-August: Residents review a list of mentors and start talking to mentors about projects
- October: Due date for name of mentor and title of project
- Early May: Abstracts are due by noon to Nina Galanti. A few abstracts are selected for platform presentations.
- late May: Due date to submit your poster for printing (If you do not submit your poster by this date, you will have to pay for/print the poster yourself!); you can print posters at "Groundworks" on North Campus for around $50, though note they are only open weekdays 9AM-4PM.
- Mid June: Neuroscience Day! Set up poster at 7:30AM (breakfast provided); be available to present poster to judges 7:45AM-9:30AM (you have 2 minutes to present, 1 minute for their questions); open poster viewing 9:30AM-10:30AM. Platform sessions 10:30AM-12PM. Lunch and awards 12PM-1PM.
- Scholarly Project Mentor Evaluation - To be filled out by your faculty mentor
- Neuroscience Day Judging Form - To be filled out by judges on Neuroscience Day
- Get your IRB done early!
- After your IRB is approved, obtain a list of patient/patient information from MCIT
- Fill out this form to submit to MCIT to get your list
Cash prizes for catagories include best resident poster, best fellow poster, best neurosurgery poster, best platform speech.
Abstracts from prior years
- Neuroscience Day 2012 Abstracts
- Neuroscience Day 2011 Abstracts
- Neuroscience Day 2010 Abstracts
- Neuroscience Day 2009 Abstracts
- Neuroscience Day 2008 Abstracts
- Neuroscience Day 2007 Abstracts
- Neuroscience Day 2006 Abstracts