Notice! Confluence will be undergoing system maintenance on Mondays from 5pm to 7pm. During this time the system may be unavailable.
This page is for tips on how to navigate the UM system and get things done when you're on call.
- How To Do A Consult - Consult, rinse, repeat.
- How Do I...?
- How to Triage - This will help you sort out the best way to organize your time on call, and make sure you're doing things in the order of importance.
- How to Dictate - Practice the phrase, "visual fields were full to confrontation bilaterally" until you can say it six times in a second while you're checking your email.
- Dictation Suggestions - Impress your attendings and referring physicians alike with your eloquent, yet concise dictations.
- I'm panicking! - Calm down. Help is on the way!
- Radiology - What you need to know about getting studies done and read when you're on call.
- Michart & Other Technology
- Emergency Neurology (new text by Karen Roos available only to UM staff)