Notice! Confluence will be undergoing system maintenance on Mondays from 5pm to 7pm. During this time the system may be unavailable.
- VA neurology clinic in the mornings on Monday-Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. See separate VA rotation page for details.
- In the afternoons, you'll spend time with the Psych-Consult Liason (CL) team, typically consisting of a psych intern, geriatric-psych fellow, and a med student. Attending is usually Dr. Stephen Aronson.
- They are located in the "trainee room" past AIMH.
- Go towards the Independence building on the 1st floor (follow the signs towards AIMH), and when you get to the desk by AIMH or inpatient mental health, ask to be directed to the trainee room. It's down the hall, and around the corner on the left. Dr. Aronson's office is across the hall from the resident room.
- Usually 0-2 consults in the afternoon, but may have to round on prior patients with the team, otherwise can finish up clinic notes
- Go to Wednesday morning conferences at the U, followed by continuity clinic on Wednesday afternoon in Taubman.
- Off on weekends, but will have to take 4-5 VA home calls on weekdays.
- Common psych consult topic is assessment of capacity-- refer to the Appelbaum criteria, explained well here.