Notice! Confluence will be undergoing system maintenance on Mondays from 5pm to 7pm. During this time the system may be unavailable.
When building the beambreak circuitry for the running wheel.
- black 3 x 45 mm heat-shrink tubing
- Female 3-Pin Connector
- Male 3-Pin Connector
- White 3-Conductor Wire
- 3mm IR Beambreak
- Running Wheel Dome
One end of this cable connects to the Labjack's CIO1, VS, and GND ports. The other connects to the Running-Wheel-Beambreak-Sensor via its Male 3-Pin Connector
- Cut two piece of black 3 x 45 mm heat-shrink tubing in half
- Push three of the pieces of tubing all the way to the connector end of a Female 3-Pin Connector.
- Snip of the very tips of the 3 wires of the Female 3-Pin Connector
- . Then strip them as shown:
- Take the end of the 3 Conductor Wire and strip it. Twist the appropriate wires together as shown in the pictures and solder them.
- After letting the solder cool for a few seconds, slide the heat-shrink tubing over the connection, and shrink it with a lighter.
- Do the same for the other two wires:
This component is contained within the running wheel dome and connects to the Labjack-to-Running-Wheel cable via its Female 3-Pin Connector.
- Tape the wires of 3mm IR Beambreak together so they can easily fit through the slot in the Running Wheel Dome.
- Feed the taped wires through, as shown:
- The final position of the beambreak in the dome should be like this:
- Take the Male 3-Pin Connector and strip its wires. Add heat-shrink tubing as was done on the Female 3-Pin Connector.
- Connect the two black wires of the 3mm IR Beambreak to the Male 3-Pin Connector's green wire.
- Connect the two red wires of the 3mm IR Beambreak and the Male 3-Pin Connector's red wire to one leg of a 10K resistor.
- Connect the two white wires of the 3mm IR Beambreak and the Male 3-Pin Connector's white wire to the other leg of the 10K resistor.
- Tape the wires to the inside of the igloo as shown.
Content by label
There is no content with the specified labels